From: Florian Philipp <lists@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: Fighting bit rot
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2013 22:11:41
1 Am 07.01.2013 22:33, schrieb Michael Mol:
2 > On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 3:11 PM, Florian Philipp <lists@×××××××××××.net> wrote:
3 >> Hi list!
4 >>
5 >> I have a use case where I am seriously concerned about bit rot [1] and I
6 >> thought it might be a good idea to start looking for it in my own
7 >> private stuff, too.
8 >>[...]
9 >> The only suitable thing
10 >> seems to be app-admin/tripwire but that application also looks like
11 >> overkill.
12 [...]
13 >
14 > Have you looked at Tripwire to see if it'll do what you need?
17 Not in detail. I guess you can get it to do that but one look at the
18 configuration and I told myself, "Screw this, I will have coded it in
19 perl before I understood tripwire."
20
21 Regards,
22 Florian Philipp