From: Hartmut Figge <h.figge@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: evince - Error printing to PDF
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 07:31:27
1 Joseph:
2
3 >When I try to print from "evince" to pdf file I get an error:
4 >
5 >Error printing - Operation not supported
6
7 I have tried that with evince 2.32.0-r4 and got the same error. After
8 starting evince from a xterm with 'evince example.pdf' and choosing
9 File->Print... 'Output Format [x] PDF' was checked and the field 'Name'
10 was filled with output.pdf.
11
12 Clicking Print resulted in a bar indicating the processing of the file
13 and at the end of that a window with the error message appeared.
14
15 But: only if i accept the prefilled field 'Name'. Deleting the
16 output.pdf there and typing in the same file name again resulted in a
17 successful print. :)
18
19 Looks like a bug in evince.
20