From: Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] bloated by gcc
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 19:13:17
1 On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 7:26 PM, Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 7:03 PM, Stroller
3 > <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
7 >> OP should be doing everything he can to match the environment on both systems.
10 > Since the problem is the same with dietlibc, glibc is not causing the
11 > discrepancy. And my program doesn't use any other library besides the
12 > C standard lib (glibc/dietlibc) and linux system calls.
13 >
14 > Emerging gcc 4.9.1 now... I'll try compiling my program against
15 > dietlibc, since replacing glibc seems scary.
18 gcc 4.9.1, dietlibc-0.33 (no dependencies whatsoever);
19
20 Gentoo:
21 7011 (unstripped)
22 4116 (stripped with sstrip)
23
24 LFS:
25 6207 (unstripped)
26 3340 (stripped with sstrip)
27
28 Could binutils have something to do with this? Trying that...
29
30 Jorge Almeida