From: bzk0711@×××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] "prelink" a dynamic library
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2008 12:25:39
1 On Wed, 01 Oct 2008 18:53:04 +0200 (CEST)
2 Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de> wrote:
3
4 > Hi,
5
6 Hello Helmut,
7
8 > I want to create a shared library, say libULIB.so,
9 > which needs additional shared libraries, e.g. libmpfr.so and
10 > libgmp.so .
11 >
12 > My users only use the functions provided by libULIB.so.
13 >
14 > Is there a means to "prelink" libULIB.so, so that the libraries
15 > libmpfr.so and libgmp.so are not needed by the user?
16
17 You should be able to just provide the libraries to the linker when
18 linking your shared object. When *running* the application, your shared
19 object (i.e. the loader) should transitively pull in the libs on which
20 yours depends. You can check those dependencies using ldd <your-lib>.
21
22 Hope this helps,
23 Patric