From: Colleen Beamer <colleen.beamer@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Xserver on Dell Inspiron M1710
Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 00:14:01
1 Hi all,
2
3 I'm having a heck of a time. I've tried so many things, that I'm
4 totally confused.
5
6 After installing xorg-x11, I ran Xorg -configure. It gives me a file
7 with no horizontal or vertical sync. I tried using the ddcxinfo-knoppix
8 tool, but when I did ddxcinfo-knoppix -hsync, it returned 0 0. When I
9 did ddxcinfo-knoppix -modelines, it didn't have a matching mode for my
10 monitor - the default being 1920x1200. I assume that because I don't
11 have a horizontal and vertical sync in my xorg.conf file that's why the
12 screen becomes all garbled when startx bombs out.
13
14 Xorg.0.log tells me that there is no core keyboard or mouse. I've built
15 support into the kernel. in /dev/input/ there are choices for mice
16 mouse0 and mouse1. I've tried using all of these and trying various
17 drivers, but nothing works.
18
19 Does anyone have a Dell Inspiron M1710 and will let me take a look at
20 their xorg.conf file?
21
22 Any and all help would be appreciated.
23
24 Regards,
25
26 Colleen