From: Mark David Dumlao <madumlao@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] systemd installation location
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 01:51:34
1 On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 9:22 AM, Daniel Campbell <lists@××××××××.us> wrote:
2 > It's fairly obvious (to me, anyway) that anything mounting a filesystem
3 > and making it available is system-critical. I run samba and don't need
4 > it for boot, but like you said, someone may need that. I wouldn't see a
5 > problem with smbmount being in /bin. FUSE deserves similar treatment.
6 > LVM's another that probably deserves special treatment.
9 If you allow FUSE you've already failed, because arbitrary programs can
10 be required by FUSE filesystems. Suddenly your ssh client should be pushed
11 to /, or your telnet, or rsync, or ftp.
12 --
13 This email is: [ ] actionable [x] fyi [ ] social
14 Response needed: [ ] yes [x] up to you [ ] no
15 Time-sensitive: [ ] immediate [ ] soon [x] none