From: Ryan Viljoen <ravilj@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Ejecting an IPod
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 09:23:26
1 Ok here is what I am wanting to do:
2
3 I windows when you connect your IPod it autodetects it and brings up itunes,
4 then you can do the whole safely remove hardware blah blah. After you have
5 done that you no longer have the DO NOT DISCONNECT screen on the IPod but it
6 continues to charge. I would like to do the same in linux. My IPod isnt
7 currently mounted but when you connect it creates a node in /dev. No how do
8 I "disconnect" it so that it still remains to charge and no longer has the
9 DO NOT DISCONNECT screen?
12 "When you say "I wrote a program that crashed Windows", people just stare at
13 you blankly and say "Hey, I got those with the system, for free". - Linus