From: tuxic@××××××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT] Searching to an application to 3D print from the commandline?
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2018 08:50:49
1 Hi,
2
3 I want to send a gcode-file directly to the 3D-printer without using
4 media-gfx/printrun (pronsole).
5
6 My setup s as follows:
7
8 Y Y
9 GENTOO-Linux----(wlan)-+ +------(Raspberry Pi Zero W/Rasperian)----<USB>----(Print w/ Marlin)
10
11 I log into my raspberry pi z w and used printruns pronsole to
12 print the gcode file I previously scped on the raspi.
13
14 I am trying to hunt down a strange bug/problem: In a sudden my previous setup
15 in which I used pronsole of printrun to upload a file to my printer,
16 which has no SD-card interface, to print it directly.
17
18 I neither updated printrun nor the firmware of the printer.
19 And it does not work anymore: "SD card not found" (which
20 is correct, but works fine previously).
21
22 To get rid of one variable in the game, I want to sent
23 the gcode in a correct manner (that is, evaluating the
24 returns of the printer for each command sent to it)
25 directly to the printer without using printrun.
26
27 On stackoverflow I found some posting regarding this,
28 but they send the gcode "blindly" without handling
29 the returns of the printer.
30
31 What application is useful in this case?
32
33 Thank you very much in advance for any help!
34 Cheers!
35 Meino