From: Daniel Iliev <danny@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problems emerging gcc.
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 10:57:49
1 David Harel wrote:
2 > Hi,
5 > Trying to emerge glibc I got error:
6 >
7 > configure: error:
8 >
9 > *** These critical programs are missing or too old: gcc
10 >
11 > *** Check the INSTALL file for required versions.
14 > I upgraded gcc to 4.1.1-r3. apparently I have more versions of gcc
15 > installed.
16 >
17 > Questions:
18 >
19 > 1. What to do to fix glibc emerge?
20 >
21 > 2. Where is the file INSTALL reside?
22 >
23 > 2. Do I need all the older versions of gcc?
27 Have you tried "gcc-config"? May be it would help in this case by
28 switching to more recent version.
31 P.S.
32 Otherwise you'll have to send additional info about your system in order
33 to get more sensible and/or helpful replies.
36 Best regards,
37 Daniel
41 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list