From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel Panic
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 20:05:04
1 On Saturday 18 February 2006 11:52, "Izar Ilun" <izarilun@×××××.com> wrote
2 about 'Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel Panic':
3 > > >Just a guess.
4 > > >Do you have /dev/console device existing?
5 > >
6 > > No, I don't. At less now that I'm chrooting Gentoo via Ubuntu...
7 > >
8 > > >ls /mnt/gentoo/dev/[hms]* -ld
9 > >
10 > > ubuntu / # ls /dev/[hms]* -ld
11
12 Are you inside the chroot here? If not, this listing is meaningless.
13
14 Did you bind mount (or otherwise) mount something to /dev in the chroot
15 before going in? If so, this listing is, again, meaningless.
16
17 (We need do know the device nodes on the filesystem on partition hda3, not
18 the device nodes created by devfs or udev or the device nodes on your
19 ubuntu root partition.)
20
21 Otherwise, you seem to have the right nodes for your drive -- can you tell
22 if the kernel successfully detects your drive? Do you get any messages
23 about a new block device: hda? If not, or if you just can't tell, you
24 might try building mroe of the IDE controller drivers into [*] or <*> the
25 kernel (not as modules <M>).
26
27 Also, if you append init=/bin/bash to your kernel command-line, can you get
28 a prompt?
31 Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.
32 bss03@××××××××××.com
33 ICQ: 514984 YM/AIM: DaTwinkDaddy