From: Ralph K <ralpklm@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: ralpklm@×××××.com
Subject: [gentoo-user] xorg-x11-7.0.0-r1: Can't load glx or via_drv module
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 14:54:04
Hello,

I recently installed xorg 7.0 on my system and I get the following
errors when using 'startx' or 'Xorg -configure':
Wth module glx -> 'undefined symbol' glCallList
With module via_drv -> 'undefined symbol' drmCommandWrite

Used 'nm -D' on libGLcore.so and libdrm.so and those symbols are
defined in those libraries, so it seems as though the libraries are
not being loaded. I have tried several different things but can't seem
to resolve this issue.
I have also compiled the kernel modules agpgart, via_agp, drm, via and
have them loaded, (no problem there).

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Ralph

X Window System Version 7.0.0
Release Date: 21 December 2005
X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0, Release 7.0
Build Operating System:Linux 2.6.14-gentoo-r5 i686
Current Operating System: Linux localhost 2.6.14-gentoo-r5 #6 PREEMPT
Sat Jan 21 19:08:57 EST 2006 i686
Build Date: 29 January 2006
Using gcc 3.4.4