From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Best file system for portage tree?
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2012 15:36:59
1 On Sat, 10 Mar 2012 14:30:15 +0100, Alex Schuster wrote:
2
3 > Any tips on this? Does it make sense to use a special file system just
4 > for the portage tree? What would be best? Would it help to re-create
5 > this file system from time to time in case it gets slower with every
6 > sync?
7
8 I use an ext2 filesystem for portage, it's still the fastest out there.
9 Journals are unnecessary because its such a small filesystem, and if it
10 does get damaged I can just reformat and sync again.
14 Neil Bothwick
15
16 Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but
17 that's not why we do it. Richard Feynman