From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: checking whether the C compiler works... no Oooops !!
Date: Fri, 06 May 2011 15:08:13
1 On 05/06/2011 12:45 AM, Dale wrote:
2
3 > checking for i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc... gcc
4 > checking whether the C compiler works... no
5
6 I know you have it fixed now, but just thought I'd mention that
7 you will see the same error when compiling something in a directory
8 where you don't have write privileges.
9
10 I doubt you'll ever see it when using emerge because portage warns
11 you when you try to emerge something as an ordinary user, but I run
12 into it occasionally when I unpack a tarball as root and then try
13 to compile it as me.