From: Jayson Smith <ratguy@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Apache2 bandwidth limiting help needed
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2008 21:24:56
1 Hi all,
2
3 I've been using MOD_BW, but for some reason it's stopped working. Don't
4 know why, everything's configured properly. So I was going to try MOD_CBAND.
5 When I have it installed, E.G. '-D CBAND' in the Apache2 options, trying to
6 go to my website results in a 403 Forbidden error. This happens even if I
7 give a bad URL on my website, something that would normally result in a 404
8 Not Found error. Here's the config file. I'm going pretty much by the
9 example in the file. If I'm doing something obviously wrong, please let me
10 know!
11 Thanks.
12
13 # This file only loads mod_cband and enables /cband-status page.
14 # For examples please consult the vhosts.conf.example.gz,
15 # vhosts2.conf.example.gz and vhosts3.conf.example.gz files installed in
16 # /usr/share/doc/mod_cband-*/
17
18 <IfDefine CBAND>
19 LoadModule cband_module modules/mod_cband.so
20
21 <Location /cband-status>
22 SetHandler cband-status
23 </Location>
24
25 # Some defaults:
26 CBandDefaultExceededURL http://www.google.com
29 # And in virtual host configuration to limit it's speed:
30 <VirtualHost *:80>
31 DocumentRoot /var/www/localhost/htdocs
32 ServerName www.bluegrasspals.com
33 <IfModule mod_cband.c>
34 CBandLimit 600M
35 CBandExceededURL http://www.bluegrasspals.com/bandwidth.html
36 CBandScoreboard /var/run/mod_cband.bluegrasspals.scoreboard
37 CBandPeriod 600S
38 CBandSpeed 40kb 10 5
39 CBandRemoteSpeed 40kb/s 10 5
40 </IfModule>
41 </VirtualHost>
42
43 #<VirtualHost *:80>
44 # DocumentRoot /var/www/example.com/htdocs
45 # ServerName www.example.com
46 # <IfModule mod_cband.c>
47 # CBandLimit 600M
48 # CBandExceededURL http://www.example.com/ex1.html
49 # CBandScoreboard /var/run/mod_cband.example.com.scoreboard
50 # CBandPeriod 200S
51 #
52 # # 100kb/s, 10 request/s, max 5 connections
53 # CBandSpeed 100kb 10 5
54 #
55 # # 10kb/s, 3 request/s -> speed limit for any remote client, max 5
56 connections
57 # CBandRemoteSpeed 10kb/s 3 5
58 # </IfModule>
59 #</VirtualHost>