From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Disabling net.ath0 backgrounding
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 00:14:10
1 On Sunday 22 October 2006 16:09, Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote
2 about 'Re: [gentoo-user] Disabling net.ath0 backgrounding':
3 > > Sorry, I'm just not that wireless savvy, but everything looks fine to
4 > > me. Again, keep in mind that I've never used wpa_supplicant so I don't
5 > > know if that changes things.
6 > I'm using wpa_supplicant so I can connect via WPA encryption. Do you
7 > know if I should be able to do that with wireless-tools instead?
8
9 From the documentation in wireless.example (which is only used with
10 iwconfig / wireless-tools) you can do WPA on certain drivers, like the
11 rt2500.
12
13 I believe you will need to use wpa_supplicant with your atheros chipset.
16 "If there's one thing we've established over the years,
17 it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest
18 clue what's best for them in terms of package stability."
19 -- Gentoo Developer Ciaran McCreesh