From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Anyone switched to eudev yet?
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 06:46:29
1 Michael Orlitzky wrote:
2 > On 12/17/2012 01:09 AM, Dale wrote:
3 >> So, since I have /usr separate from the rest, I could mount it read only
4 >> and reduce the chance of corruption if say my UPS failed? I already do
5 >> this for /boot. Interesting. Very interesting indeed.
6 >>
7 >> If the other issues happen, computers is likely the least of our
8 >> problems. ;-)
9 >>
10 > Yes, although it's unlikely that any corruption would occur in the first
11 > place if you're not writing to the filesystem during the crash.
16 But unlikely is not equal to zero. Murphy's law. o_O
17
18 Dale
19
23 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!