From: Miles Malone <m.malone@××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] mounting screws
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2022 22:53:21
1 The standard is #6-32 UNC for 3.5" harddrives, and most case-related
2 stuff including motherboard standoffs. It's M3 standard for 2.5"
3 harddrives, 5.25" optical drives, etc, etc.
4
5 The lengths arent standard in general, though I imagine there's a
6 fairly standard harddrive length.
7
8 So you presumably want countersunk phillips head #6-32UNC screws of
9 appropriate length
10
11 Why on earth it's split between imperial and metric threads is a
12 mystery that shall go down the ages
13
14 Regards,
15