From: Devrin Talen <dct23@×××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Libreoffice cannot open files from network location
Date: Thu, 31 May 2018 14:56:13
1 Hey all,
2
3 After my last (large) emerge upgrade I can no longer open documents stored
4 on network shares in Libreoffice. For instance, we have a Samba file
5 server that I open using Nautilus in Gnome. For a long time I've been able
6 to double-click files on that share in Nautilus and have them open up in
7 Libreoffice, make edits, and save to the network location.
8
9 This no longer works. If I open up the file dialog within Libreoffice I do
10 not see any of my mounted network drives that I see in Nautilus. If I
11 double-click a document from Nautilus then Libreoffice refuses to open the
12 file and opens a blank one instead.
13
14 I believe my last upgrade put me on Libreoffice 6 and GTK3. Is this an
15 issue anyone else is having? Are there specific USE flags I need to turn
16 on to get this behavior back? Any other emerge info that would be helpful?
17
18 Thanks,
19 Devrin