From: John Dangler <jdangler@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Apache vhosts revisited
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 16:14:43
1 After going back through the entire thread dealing with the vhosts problem
2 that was running here recently, I tried to setup my local fileserver with
3 the 'default' apache server, and adding 1 virtual host.
7 my apache2.conf file is basically a default (out of the box) setup, with the
8 line
9
10 Include conf/vhosts/vhsots.conf uncommented so that it is included.
14 my vhosts.conf file has
15
16 <NameVirtualHost 192.168.1.36:80>
20 <VirtualHost 192.168.1.36:80>
21
22 ServerName Mambo
23
24 DocumentRoot /var/www/localhost/htdocs>
25
26 </VirtualHost>
30 <VirtualHost 192.168.1.36:80>
31
32 ServerName GenoFit
33
34 DocumentRoot /usr2/genofit/public
35
36 <Driectory /usr2/genofit/public>
37
38 order deny,allow
39
40 Allow from all
41
42 AllowOverride All
43
44 Options FollowSymLinks
45
46 </Directory>
47
48 </VirtualHost>
52 from the local machine, both hosts are accessible.
53
54 from another machine on the same router (192.168.1.35):
55
56 browsing to 192.168.1.36 gives me the Apache default page.
57
58 browsing to 192.168.1.36/GenoFit gives me "Not Found" The requested URL
59 /GenoFit was not found on the server
60
61 browsing to 192.168.1.36/Mambo gives me "Not Found" The requested URL /Mambo
62 was not found on the server
66 ping works in both directions, so I'm sure that it's something I did/didn't
67 do correctly in the config files.
68
69 After reading through the wiki docs on virtual hosts, and the docs on the
70 apache site (which are a little harder to digest), I think that the vhosts
71 file is ok, but I'm not sure about the apache2.conf file.
75 Any input is appreciated.
79 John D