From: "Vadim A. Misbakh-Soloviov" <mva@×××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox depends on rust??
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2017 11:31:37
1 > I just installed firefox-bin and did not feel any difference.
2 >
3 > I will try to compile firefox just for curiosity.
4
5 Well. Only flags that can give you any difference is bindist (logos and so on),
6 pgo (hard-way optimization), custom-*, and system-* ones.
7
8 So, taking default "fx-bin" vs "fx" doesn't give you much difference.
9
10 Although, I myself distrust any "*-bin" packages, and I'd never run them
11 outside of `firejail` with blacklisted access to anywhere on the filesystem.
12
13 Although, I running even built-from-source firefox under firejail anyway (to
14 prevent java, js, drm and other crap to do anything on my system. even in home
15 dir.