From: Jorge Almeida <jalmeida@××××××××××××.pt>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] umask and sticky bit
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2007 07:46:54
1 On Fri, 6 Apr 2007, Håkon Alstadheim wrote:
2
3 > Jorge Almeida wrote:
4 >> I would like the default permissions for directories created by a
5 >> particular user to be 1775. Is there some way to achieve this? I think
6 >> umask doesn't deal with the sticky bit.
7 >>
8 > umask is a MASK. The application suggests permissions on new files,
9 > umask turns off the bits you do not want. I can not think of a fully
10 > automatic solution to what you want to do.
11 OK, thank you. The "application suggests" part was what I didn't know.
16 Jorge Almeida