From: behrouz khosravi <bz.khosravi@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] any one using ubuntu phones?
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 13:03:36
2 > I believe there was an effort to get Gentoo Prefix running on Android
3 > as part of GSoC. I've yet to try it myself but you might find that
4 > useful. I doubt it runs x11, but your typical x11 application isn't
5 > really going to work well on a smartphone anyway unless you get a
6 > bluetooth mouse/keyboard for it, and a magnifying glass.
9 I love to get ride of android altogether!
10 I would love to see a platform open enough that I am able to install my
11 bootloader on it easily and boot what I prefer using a usb flash memory.
12 This is what I consider as the linux or more appropriately free software
13 ecosystem.
14 It is obvious that we are far from this but I think that we deserve it
15 anyways.
16 I dont know whay we are not there yet, touch screen is just another input
17 device, baseband modulator and demodulators are just another device
18 attached to the CPU.