From: Dave Nebinger <dnebinger@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem with vixie-cron
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 17:19:20
1 Thiago Lüttig wrote:
2 > Hi, i´m trying to automate a proccess with vixie-cron, so I edit the
3 > /etc/crontab file, and after run crontab /etc/crontab, i look into the
4 > log (/var/log/crond/current) and the following message apears: [cron]
5 > (*system*) BAD FILE MODE (/etc/crontab)
6 > and my task was not executed. What´s wrong ?
7
8 First you do not want to put it into /etc/crontab. Edit a file in your
9 local directory.
10
11 Often it is better to "crontab -l > local.crontab" or some such so the
12 file is populated with your current crontab entries, then edit it to add
13 your new entry.
14
15 Finish that off by "crontab local.crontab" to get the addition loaded.
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list