From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Pure Data (Pd) can't access ALSA device
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2017 03:27:44
1 On 2017-09-22 23:13, Lasse Pouru wrote:
2
3 > I don't (and won't) use PulseAudio and haven't set up dmix or anything
4 > like it. The weird thing is the simultaneous audio works with every
5 > other program I use (Qutebrowser, mpd, Audacity etc.) -- it's only Pd
6 > that gives the error.
7
8 AFAIK dmix has been the default output for libasound for quite a while.
9 Normally you don't have to set up anything for dmix to be used - that's
10 why your other programs work, I think.
11
12 Maybe pd is trying to use the underlying sound card directly as a
13 libasound output? I don't know abything about puredata, unfortunately.
16 Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
17 if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
18 Do obvious transformation on domain to reply privately _only_ on Usenet.