From: Gerrit Kuehn <gerrit.kuehn@×××××××.de>
To: Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
Cc: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] libXp-1.0.3 emerge issue
Date: Tue, 19 May 2020 06:39:33
1 On Tue, 19 May 2020 08:20:41 +0200
2 Gerrit Kuehn <gerrit.kuehn@×××××××.de> wrote:
3
4 > I looked into other X lib ebuilds like libXext-1.3.4.ebuild. This is
5 > installing 32bit libs into the correct directory, but it looks not
6 > different to me. I updated my ebuild to using EAPI=7 and xorg-3
7 > (instead of the original EAPI=5 and xorg-2), but it still insists on
8 > using lib32 paths.
9
10 For the record: I found that the profile of the system was still set to
11 17.0 where it should have been on 17.1. This causes SYMLINK_LIB to be
12 set to "yes" which then makes multilib.eclass use lib32 instead of lib
13 paths. After setting the profile to 17.1 (where it should have been in
14 the first place), everything works as expected now.
17 cu
18 Gerrit