From: Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] smartctrl drive error @60%
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 11:02:40
1 On 06/25/2014 12:55:08 PM, thegeezer wrote:
2 > On 06/25/2014 11:05 AM, Dale wrote:
3 > >
4 > > I got a drive picked out at Newegg. $$$$$$$$
5 > >
6 > > http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148844
7 >
8 > slightly offtopic - i notice that the drive has a 2year limited
9 > warranty
10 >
11 > has anyone managed to get anything from hard drive warranties ?
12
13 I always buy enterprise editions which have a warranty of 5 years.
14 I had several drives which got replaced after 3-5 years.
15 Furthermore, I have the "feeling" that enterprise editions have been
16 tested more strictly.
17 I know they are much more expensive but I even take these for my private
18 machine.
19
20 Helmut.