From: Etaoin Shrdlu <shrdlu@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Add a module post kernel config/build
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 10:49:55
1 On Wednesday 18 April 2007 11:15, reader@×××××××.com wrote:
2
3 > Summary:
4 > How can I add an additional module once I've configured/built a
5 > kernel?
6 >
7 > Details: After looking thru the handbook, especially section about
8 > kernel config, I don't see information about how to add a module once
9 > a kernel is built and running.
10 >
11 > Using `genkernel all' on latest sources (linux-2.6.20-gentoo-r6) I
12 > ended up with no `fuse' module.
13 >
14 > Far as I know I've been getting a fuse module when using `genkernal'
15 > on previous kernels.
16 >
17 > What is proceedure for adding that module now?
18
19 I never used genkernel, but if you have the kernel source tree available,
20 you can just cd into it, adjust your configuration (using make *config),
21 then do "make && make modules_install". Only the new stuff you added
22 will be rebuilt and installed (ie, the fuse module in your case),
23 assuming you did not delete the already compiled object files inside the
24 tree.
25 --
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list