From: Jan-Hendrik Zab <xaero@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Fw: [gentoo-user] Whole lotta minimal
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 21:38:08
1 On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 10:54:57 -0700
2 Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Can someone explain the great minimal breakout happening in portage or
5 > point me toward a link? Is USE="minimal" in make.conf the kind of
6 > thing you should do if you don't have a specific reason not to, or the
7 > kind of thing you shouldn't do unless you have a specific reason to.
8 >
9 > - Grant
10 The second one, but I can't come up with any possible reason for doing
11 so. The actual problem is that the flag has no 'real' global meaning,
12 which means that it might turn off some 'unnecessary' features in one
13 application and turn off one of the most useful in another.
14
15 So don't gamble with it. :)
16
17 Jan-Hendrik Zab