From: Hans <linux@××××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: OT: webserver reccomendations
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2015 13:16:00
1 On 28/06/15 07:45, Bill Kenworthy wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 > over the years when I need a web-server I have just used Apache. I am
4 > in the process of consolidating my separate services VM's for various
5 > things into LXC containers and am looking for something a bit lighter if
6 > its worthwhile.
7 >
8 > I am currently using Apache for internal and external http/https static
9 > pages, webdav and radicale (dav/wsgi calendar) sometimes using vhosts.
10 >
11 > Is there something else much lighter weight than Apache for (each) of
12 > these tasks? - doesn't have to be the same application as I want to
13 > separate the tasks rather than have one huge complex Apache
14 > configuration serving an extremely light load.
15 >
16 > Nginx is an alternative for radicale (is it worth changing from one
17 > large application to one almost as heavy?) but what else can do wsgi/dav?
18 >
19 > BillK
23 I use Debian 7 with Apache, Dovecot, etc. as Web, Mail, DNS, FTP server
24 with 3 domains administered by ISPconfig running in a VirtualBox on top
25 of Gentoo. Installation, configuration and maintenance is a piece of
26 cake. Have a look at www.ispconfig.org.
27
28 ISPconfig used to support Gentoo. Should work on Gentoo if appropriate
29 symlinks are created to emulate Debian or Ubunto.