From: Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Help! HP625 WLAN is driving me nuts
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 11:29:51
1 Hi,
2
3 I'm trying to get WLAN working on my HP625 laptop.
4 I've checked several web pages but I'm lost.
5
6 I'm using a recent kernel (3.3-rc5+).
7 I configured CONFIG_BRCMUTIL=m CONFIG_BRCMSMAC=m CONFIG_BRCMFMAC=m and
8 I installed the coresponding firmware in /lib/firmware/brcm
9
10 Now, lspci -k shows
11 06:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4313 802.11b/g/n
12 Wireless LAN Controller (rev 01)
13 Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company Device 145c
14 Kernel driver in use: bcma-pci-bridge
17 and even
18
19 iwconfig shows
20 wlan0 IEEE 802.11bgn ESSID:off/any
21 Mode:Managed Access Point: Not-Associated Tx-Power=0 dBm
22 Retry long limit:7 RTS thr:off Fragment thr:off
23 Encryption key:off
24 Power Management:on
27 I have net.wlan0 symlinked to net.lo.
28
29 Now, when I try
30 /etc/init.d/net.wlan0 start
31
32 the screen gets blanked on a console as well as from an XTerm
33 and the kernel crashes totally, i.e. the emergency reboot doesn't work
34 either. And trying to do an strace with output to a file shows that
35 even this output file doesn't exist (i.e. hasn't been closed)
36
37 So, what can I try next?
38
39 Many thanks for a hint,