From: Peter <pete4abw@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Problem with cracking keys with libdvdcss
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 02:26:38
1 On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 12:05:15 +1000, Richard Watson wrote:
2
3 > Hi – I’m just wondering under what circumstances libdvdcss will not
4 > work correctly when trying to back up a movie DVD. I’m running 1.2.8 on
5 > my desktop unit at home fine but 1.2.9 on my laptop keeps returning the
6 > error.
7 >
8 > libdvdread: Get key for /VIDEO_TS/VTS_02_0.VOB at 0x00293bd4 libdvdread:
9 > Error cracking CSS key for /VIDEO_TS/VTS_02_0.VOB (0x00293bd4) --
10 > Thanks, Richard
13 see doom9.net and search for your title. It's likely the DVD has
14 intentionally corrupted sectors for additional copy protection. You will
15 need a layout file for your title to spare those sectors and apply it for
16 your reader. More than likely you will need to use one of the myriad M$
17 programs to backup your title. This does not affect the playback, just the
18 sector reading as you are trying to do.
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list