From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] boot problems
Date: Sat, 03 May 2014 16:41:10
1 Am 03.05.2014 15:57, schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:
2 > Am 03.05.2014 15:50, schrieb Canek Peláez Valdés:
3 >> On Sat, May 3, 2014 at 7:52 AM, J. Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org> wrote:
4 >> [...]
5 >>> If you boot without those in fstab, then do the mdadm and lvm steps manually,
6 >>> do you then have it " working "?
7 >>> If yes, I would leave it for now and wait for Canek to come online in a few
8 >>> hours. (Mexico should be awake at around 4 or 5pm I think)
9 >>>
10 >>> He knows systemd and dracut better then most people on here.
11 >>
12 >> Thanks for the confidence, but I don't think I will be able to help
13 >> very much: I'm still running systemd 208. I defended my PhD thesis
14 >> last week, and I *really* wanted to avoid a situation similar to the
15 >> one Stefan is having, so I haven't updated any of my systems on weeks.
16 >
17 > Yep. Clever decision ;-)
18 >
19 > I could downgrade to 208 as well, this mainly only removes
20 > systemd-networkd from my box which was nice to have .. but anyway.
21 >
22 > systemd-208 would also allow me to downgrade dracut, and I assume these
23 > 2 steps would definitely change something.
24 >
25 > Right now I do *backups* and take a break ... I currently know how to
26 > get the box up and working manually so this somehow takes the bigger
27 > stress out of the game. Resetting the box dozens of times does thrill me
28 > a bit with RAIDs and stuff.
29 >
30 > I will keep the list informed if I find out something new.
31
32 back on systemd 208-r3
33
34 I somehow get lost more and more ...
35
36 fstab with uuids and labels only now
37
38 Dracut wants to resume from the swap-partition somehow ... parameter
39 "noresume" helps
40
41 Grub2 still has "root=/dev/sda" in its line and I don't get where that
42 comes from
43
44 Canek, I use your kerninst, could you point out how to edit
45 kerninst.conf to get grub2 read something like "root=UUID=..." or so?
46
47 Oh my, what a saturday.