From: Florian Philipp <f.philipp@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Cannot compile texinfo: Illegal instruction -> Wrong -march and -mtune flags?
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 20:37:12
1 Am Donnerstag 02 August 2007 22:07 schrieb Alexander Skwar:
2 > · Me, myself & I:
3 > > Indeed, I think that I just have mixed up -march and -mtune (aka. -mcpu).
4 >
5 > Seems like. I now have:
6 >
7 > CFLAGS="-O2 -mtune=pentium-m -march=athlon-xp -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer"
8 >
9 > and with this CFLAGS, I am able to compile texinfo.
10 >
11 > Alexander Skwar
12 > --
13
14 -march=pentium-m activates MMX, SSE and SSE2
15 -march=athlon-xp activates MMX, 3dNOW!, enhanced 3dNOW! and SSE
16
17 You see, they are not compatible and even if some code works I wouldn't bet
18 multimedia apps will perform well.
19
20 With -mtune the instruction set stays the same. It is just "rearranged".