From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] iptables (not) started?
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 00:47:35
1 On Fri, 29 Mar 2013 23:29:39 +0000, Mick wrote:
2
3 > > > Why do wikis and the like suggest that iptables should be in default
4 > > > rather than boot runlevel?
5 > >
6 > > Why not? There's no need to start it especially early, as long as it
7 > > is running before the network comes up, and the init script takes
8 > > care of that.
9 >
10 > I haven't seen anything in net.lo that waits for iptables and I seem to
11 > recall that the network interfaces are started before iptables is run,
12 > unless I start iptables at boot level.
13
14 The iptables init script contains "before net".
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 Advanced: (adj.) doesn't work yet, but it's pretty close. See: bug,
21 glitch.