From: dhk <dhkuhl@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Kino Crashes Opening Files
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 10:25:37
1 I originally posted this question to the kino group. The chain of
2 emails is below.
3
4 The problem is that kino crashes when opening a file, clicking on a
5 folder that has a video file in it, or when passing it in on the command
6 line. I removed and reinstalled kino, but the same thing happens. I
7 compiled the source manually and the problem wasn't there. Now I think
8 it has something to do with the Gentoo environment or the ebuild.
9
10 One thing I noticed on my system is that in
11 /usr/portage/media-video/kino there are two ebuilds a 1.3.1 and a 1.3.3
12 I have 1.3.1 installed. The diffs to these files are as follows.
13
14 $ diff kino-1.3.1.ebuild kino-1.3.3.ebuild
15 1c1
16 < # Copyright 1999-2008 Gentoo Foundation
17 ---
18 > # Copyright 1999-2009 Gentoo Foundation
19 3c3
20 < # $Header:
21 /var/cvsroot/gentoo-x86/media-video/kino/kino-1.3.1.ebuild,v 1.7
22 2008/12/21 14:44:31 nixnut Exp $
23 ---
24 > # $Header:
25 /var/cvsroot/gentoo-x86/media-video/kino/kino-1.3.3.ebuild,v 1.1
26 2009/03/29 13:39:42 patrick Exp $
27 11c11
28 < KEYWORDS="amd64 ppc ppc64 sparc x86"
29 ---
30 > KEYWORDS="~amd64 ~ppc ~ppc64 ~sparc ~x86"
31 29a30
32 > dev-util/intltool
33
34 I'm not sure if the 1.3.3 file is causing a problem somehow.
35
36 Any ideas?
37
38 Thanks,