From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] "EZ mode" vs "AP mode"
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 12:39:17
1 On 13/1/22 19:45, karl@××××××××.se wrote:
2 > Thelma:
3 >> What kind of routers work with "EZ mode"
4 >>
5 >> Recently I was plying with a wifi light switch and couldn't get
6 >> "EZ mode" to work with my Asus router.
7 >>
8 >> AP mode, worked but for this to work phone's Bluetooth and Personal
9 >> Hotspot need to be turn ON (during configuration); and the switch
10 >> manual did not mentioned it.
11 > I don't know what you're talking about, but this is what I found doing
12 > a simple search.
13 >
14 > https://support.cesmarthome.com/en/support/solutions/articles/44000568556-connecting-to-the-wi-fi-smart-dimmer-switch-how-to-put-device-in-pairing-mode-ez-and-ap-mode-
15 >
16 > https://dazzblingproducts.com/troubleshooting/
17 >
18 > Regards,
19 > /Karl Hammar
22 EZ mode is  the smart dev acting as an accesspoint for the controlling
23 phone app to connect - so it cant in that mode connect to anything
24 else.  To reflash the firmware with something friendlier you can use EZ
25 mode to flash esphome onto tuya devices using tuya-convert via a
26 raspberry pi (needs to be a 32 bit OS ... I am using gentoo but is a lot
27 easier with raspian).
28
29 Tonight I decided to flash esphome onto some "brilliant smartplugs" but
30 it isnt connecting - its a frustrating process :( but the apps usually
31 work ok ... after multiple goes.
32
33 BillK