From: Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gcc update failed...
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 17:13:23
1 W.Kenworthy wrote:
2
3 > Try MAKEOPTS="-j1" - the default is still j2 if you just delete the
4 > variable.
5 >
6 > Ive also seen this a lot recently. Serialising the make process into
7 > one thread helps.
8
9 I do not know if "-j2" is default, but I just tested it once again:
10 with "-j2" gcc compilation failed. When I commented it in make.conf
11 out (did not explicitelly define "-j1"), compilation works. That is
12 very strange...
13
14 I compilled gcc many times, even this version (4.3.2-r3).
15 The only difference is, gcc wants to be re-compilled with
16 "nptl" flag now (that's why portage wants to "update" gcc).
17 Could nptl cause this problem?
18
19 Jarry
23 This mailbox accepts e-mails only from selected mailing-lists!
24 Everything else is considered to be spam and therefore deleted.