From: Meino Christian Cramer <Meino.Cramer@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o, volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] "xyz.la seems to be moved" message
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 08:46:12
1 From: "Hemmann, Volker Armin" <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de>
2 Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] "xyz.la seems to be moved" message
3 Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 08:36:28 +0200
4
5 Hi,
6
7 > On Tuesday 24 October 2006 07:51, Meino Christian Cramer wrote:
8 > > Hi,
9 > >
10 > > while doing a revdep-rebuild I got A LOT of messages of the pattern
11 > >
12 > > lib<xyz>.la seems to be moved
15 > which are harmless.
16
17 Unfortunately it slows down compiling, when compiling each C-file
18 spits a long list of "seems to be moved" messages onto my
19 screen. That's the reason I want to find the "wrong path information"
20 which causes this behaviour.
24 > > I checked the paths inside that file and found that they are correct.
27 > > But what is the reason for these mass of "seems to ne moved"
28 > > messages? Where are the according (wrong) informations stored?
29 >
30 > AFAIR this happens because the files are 'installed' in a temp dir and then
31 > copied over into the life system when you emerge something.
32 >
33 > That question came up some month ago. You might find a better answer in the
34 > archives.
35
36 Thanks! Will see....
37