From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] KDE4: Constant crashes in conjunction with Konsole
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 23:34:49
1 Hi guys,
2
3 until now I've been quite a KDE4 hater, but I'm willing to give it a try from
4 time to time. So I installed 4.3 parallel to my beloved 3.5.10 and was quite
5 pleased with it. However, I have repeating crashes of my entire X. Mostly it
6 happens when I open Konsole, the next often occasion is opening a menu (main
7 menu, context menu, you name it), but also only after a Konsole windows was
8 opened. All I see is a quick error message about glibc, then X restarts and
9 I'm back at kdm.
10
11 I use a laptop with a Geforce 7600 GPU, running on nvidia-drivers-180.60.
12 First I had 4.3.0 installed from main portage tree, but I had a faint
13 hope they would have fixed it by now, so I installed the live slot from
14 kde-testing. I already had this issue with older version.
15
16 Could anyone shed some light on this, please? One thing I can think of is to
17 disable 3D effects, but they're working quite well and it's the same with
18 *cough* Vista - they are the main reason for switching over from a previous
19 version.
20
21 TIA
22 --
23 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
24 What do you call a dead bee? - A was.