From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] USERDIR problem with apache on new install (SOLVED)
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 16:39:29
1 On Sun, Sep 30 2012, Andrea Conti wrote:
2
3 > The default mod_userdir configuration
4 > (/etc/apache2/modules.d/00_mod_userdir.conf, of which you pasted an
5 > excerpt in the other email) only sets an "Allow from all" for
6 > directories in the form "/home/*/public_html", which does not include
7 > anything under /local.
8 >
9 > You can either change your home directory, or add
10 >
11 > <Directory /local/allan/gottlieb>
12 > Order allow,deny
13 > Allow from all
14 >
15 > [whatever other options you need]
16 > </Directory>
17
18 I see. I prefer changing my home directory as nothing needs to be done
19 with new apache releases.
20
21 > As for the "FollowSymlinks" and "SymlinksIfOwnerMatch" options, I'm not
22 > sure they apply here: they should only affect whether the server follows
23 > symlinks *within* the document root, not symlinks in the path *leading
24 > to* the document root.
25
26 OK.
27
28 thank you very much for the clear explanations.
29 allan