From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SMART drive test results, 2.0 for same drive as before.
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2015 16:25:30
1 Dale wrote:
2 > Howdy,
3 >
4 > This is concerning a hard drive I had issues with a while back. I been
5 > using it to do backups with as a test if nothing else. Anyway, it seems
6 > to have issues once again.
10 A little update on this drive for those interested. I get this now.
11
12 root@fireball / # smartctl --all /dev/sdd
13 smartctl 6.3 2014-07-26 r3976 [x86_64-linux-3.16.3-gentoo] (local build)
14 Copyright (C) 2002-14, Bruce Allen, Christian Franke, www.smartmontools.org
15
16 === START OF INFORMATION SECTION ===
17 Vendor: /4:0:0:0
18 Product:
19 Compliance: SPC-5
20 User Capacity: 600,332,565,813,390,450 bytes [600 PB]
21 Logical block size: 774843950 bytes
22 scsiModePageOffset: response length too short, resp_len=47 offset=50
23 bd_len=46
24 scsiModePageOffset: response length too short, resp_len=47 offset=50
25 bd_len=46
26 >> Terminate command early due to bad response to IEC mode page
27 A mandatory SMART command failed: exiting. To continue, add one or more
28 '-T permissive' options.
29 root@fireball / #
30
31 If I use cgdisk, I get this first thing.
32
33 Warning! Non-GPT or damaged disk detected! This program will attempt to
34 convert to GPT form or repair damage to GPT data structures, but may not
35 succeed. Use gdisk or another disk repair tool if you have a damaged GPT
36 disk.
37
38 And then it says the drive is this BIG:
39
40 8.0 ZiB
41
42 What the heck is that? Anyway, I guess after almost 4 months of uptime,
43 time to shutdown and disconnect one pretty much dead drive. It was fun
44 playing with tho. Now it will be fun to use as target. ;-)
45
46 Dale
47