From: "Arttu V." <arttuv69@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Trying SRC_URI first during fetching
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2009 15:56:44
1 On 6/9/09, Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de> wrote:
2 > Normally, portage will try fetching from GENTOO_MIRRORS during an emerge
3 > and SRC_URI comes last. I want to reverse this; try SRC_URI first and
4 > if that fails, only then proceed to fetch from GENTOO_MIRRORS. Doable?
5
6 As others have pointed out, caches, proxies et cetera are often Your
7 Friends. Thus, I wonder if there is something specific you are trying
8 to achieve here? Maybe these wise men from odd countries (like Mr
9 McKinnon's weird country on an unknown planet, with companies with
10 actual clueful management! ;) ) can help you even more if you reveal a
11 bit of the *why* behind the question.
14 Arttu V.