From: Willie WY Wong <wongwwy@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Questions about hacked sites and passwords
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 11:05:06
1 On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 08:41:53AM +0000, Penguin Lover Neil Bothwick squawked:
2 > On Tue, 17 Jan 2012 01:35:54 -0600, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 > > I use Lastpass which does about the same as other password managers.
5 >
6 > Doesn't LastPass store your passwords on their servers, and weren't they
7 > compromised last year? I'll stick with KeePassX, the password database is
8 > stored and encrypted locally. Even if I put it on DropBox, hacking that
9 > will only give the encrypted database.
12 For users of KeePassX, what are its main benefits? Best I can tell it
13 offers a searchable GUI (is it accesible on the command line?), and
14 AES or Twofish encryption of a database. Is there anything else
15 special, that sets it apart from, say, the built-in encryption
16 capabilities of vim (using blowfish)?
17
18 W
21 Data aequatione quotcunque fluentes quantitae involvente fluxiones invenire
22 et vice versa ~~~ I. Newton