From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Synaptics touchpad mistaken(?) for Logitech Wheel Mouse
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 00:26:16
1 On Thu, 2008-03-06 at 13:16 +0100, Johan Blåbäck wrote:
2 > Hi.
3 >
4 > Recently I got tired of my touchpad being too sensitive, and I decided
5 > to try the synaptics-how-to on the gentoo-wiki. However, when starting
6 > X I get:
7
8 [snip]
9
10 > TouchPad no synaptics event device found (checked 17 nodes)
11
12 [snip]
13
14 > So what I suggest could be the problem is that I got my kernel wrong,
15 > since it seem to emulate Logitech instead of synaptics. But I don't
16 > know if that is the problem, or how I fix it. (I have all the kernel
17 > options that the gentoo-wiki synaptics-how-to recommends.)
18 >
19 > Thanks for any suggestions!
20
21 I suspect you need these options in your kernel:
22 Device Drivers
23 Input Device Support
24 Event Interface (CONFIG_INPUT_EVDEV=y)
25
26 I also have:
27 ..
28 Mice
29 PS/2 Mouse
30 and all the sub-options compiled in:
31 CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSE=y
32 CONFIG_MOUSE_PS2=y
33 CONFIG_MOUSE_PS2_ALPS=y
34 CONFIG_MOUSE_PS2_LOGIPS2PP=y
35 CONFIG_MOUSE_PS2_SYNAPTICS=y
36 CONFIG_MOUSE_PS2_LIFEBOOK=y
37 CONFIG_MOUSE_PS2_TRACKPOINT=y
40 > For security reasons, all text in this mail is double-rot13 encrypted.
41
42 that's nice to know. Just so this email is accepted by your security
43 policy, I double-rot13'd the reply. Note that your comments are now
44 quadruple-rot13'd, but I think you should be able to decrypt them
45 without too much hassle.
46
47 HTH,
51 "MSDOS didn't get as bad as it is overnight -- it took over ten years
52 of careful development."
53 (By dmeggins@××××××××××××.ca)
56 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list