From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Do we have to build gcc with fortran now?
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 12:54:41
1 On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 5:05 AM, Todd Goodman <tsg@×××××××××.net> wrote:
2 > * Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> [110622 18:35]:
3 >> On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 2:28 PM, Todd Goodman <tsg@×××××××××.net> wrote:
4 >> <SNIP>
5 >> >
6 >> > No actually blas-reference fails to build unless gcc is built with the
7 >> > fortran use flag enabled (since there's no fortran compiler available.)
8 >> >
9 >> > The deps pulling in blas-reference are in my previous mail.
10 >> >
11 >> > Todd
12 >>
13 >> If you have virtual/fortran installed then portage will pull in a
14 >> different Fortran compiler. (ifc on my machine)
15 >>
16 >> - Mark
17 >
18 > Yes of course.  Sorry for the imprecise statement.  But the point is my
19 > profile turns on R by default so just by emerging kde-meta I end up with
20 > the GCC fortran compiler and packages that require a fortran compiler.
21 >
22 > And if the fortran use flag was turned off (either by changes on ~x86 or
23 > if I turn it off myself) then I get build failures.
24 >
25 > Todd
26
27 Agreed 100%.
28
29 It's very strange (to me) that kde-meta builds R at all. TTBOMK it's
30 not even remotely a KDE project and of absolutely no value that I can
31 see to the average KDE desktop user. I run R, mostly in a Windows VM
32 because I prefer the GUI, but sometimes in Gentoo also.