From: Mike Williams <mike@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] interconnecting speeds
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 18:21:21
1 On Monday 24 July 2006 17:04, Paul Stear wrote:
2 > I am copying files from my gentoo box to an xp box and it is so slow.  I
3 > have both boxes connected with cable via a router, which connects to my
4 > broadband isp.
5 > When downloading from the internet to either box I get fast speeds in the
6 > 100's of MBs.  However transferring box to box I only get about 1MBs.
7 > Are there any setting I should look at to enable faster transfers?
8
9 Try different cables.
10 I've had situtations where traffic in one direction is "fast", the other
11 pitifully slow.
14 Mike Williams
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list