From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Re: [Gentoo-User] emerge --sync likely to kill SSD?
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2014 01:40:25
1 On Sat, Jun 21, 2014 at 3:24 PM, Kai Krakow <hurikhan77@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > And while we are at it, I'd also like to mention bcache. Tho, conversion is
3 > not straight forward. However, I'm going to try that soon for my spinning
4 > rust btrfs.
5
6 I contemplated that, but I'd really like to see btrfs support
7 something more native. Bcache is way too low-level for me and strikes
8 me as inefficient as a result. Plus, since it sits UNDER btrfs you'd
9 probably lose all the fancy volume management features.
10
11 ZFS has ssd caching as part of the actual filesystem, and that seems
12 MUCH cleaner.
13
14 Rich