From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: ZFS formating
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2013 15:29:58
1 Douglas J Hunley <doug.hunley <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > the latest gentoo live image has full zfs support on it
5
6 -- Douglas J Hunley (doug.hunley <at> gmail.com)
7
8 livedvd-x86-amd64-32ul-20121221.iso
9 Is what you are referring to?
10
11 I suggested using SystemRescue, because I had to clean up
12 (hack extensively) on Grub2 before the system would boot standalone.
13 In that first Pentoo install, I use ext2 for /boot and ext4 for /
16 If I use ZFS, /boot / and swap are all ZFS partitions, right?
17
18 That's probably the last thing I'm working on is the Exact, simple
19 disk/partion/ZFS setup to experiment around with the Pentoo
20 workstation....
23 Besides, I'm not the swiftest on this list at juggling the intersection of
24 GPT, UEFI, Grub2 and the newer file systems. Not to mention mtab, fstab,
25 systemD etc etc.......
26
27 So you will not insult me, offering up snippent, syntax and a copy
28 of a working (ZFS) fstab and grub file details........
31 James