From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: emerging squid indefinitely
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2015 07:57:23
1 On 26/11/2015 02:03, walt wrote:
2 > On Wed, 25 Nov 2015 18:53:50 +0200
3 > Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 >> On 25/11/2015 13:30, lee wrote:
6 >>> walt <w41ter@×××××.com> writes:
7 >>>
8 >>>> On Tue, 24 Nov 2015 23:39:01 +0100
9 >>>> lee <lee@××××××××.de> wrote:
10 >>>>
11 >>>>>
12 >>>>> ...
13 >>>>
14 >
15 >>>>
16 >>>> Any unusual network activity? (DNS lookups that shouldn't be
17 >>>> happening, etc.)
18 >>>
19 >>> There's nothing suspicious in the firewall log and no unexpected DNS
20 >>> queries.
21 >>
22 >> Ignore DNS, it has absolutely nothing to do with creating a group. A
23 >> common human trait in dealing with problems with unknown causes is to
24 >> start investigating all manner of weird and entirely unrelated things.
25 >
26 > And Happy Thanksgiving to you, grouchy old fart living somewhere south
27 > of the equator where no one celebrates Thanksgiving :)
28
29 That's true enough. But we do celebrate bloodletting day round about the
30 same time (commemorates some battle or other), and most of the rest of
31 the population celebrates thankstaking. Oh well
32 >
33 > IIRC I learned about DNS queries causing delays directly from you.
34 >
35 > Well, maybe it was some other old fart on this list.
36
37 There's enough of us old farts here, you can blame any one of us for
38 anything and get away with it :-)
39
40 Alan