From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] making bootable USB
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2014 14:42:37
1 On Tue, 2 Sep 2014 08:10:08 -0600, Joseph wrote:
2
3 > Booting sequence is USB and HD. If I will not insert bootable USB it
4 > will boot from HD It works, as the bootable USB I created with
5 > Systemrescue CD script it worked. When I plug in the USB stick it
6 > boots from it.
7
8 How does the output of fdisk -l from the sysreccd stick compare with that
9 from the Gentoo stick? What happens when you try to boot the Gentoo USB
10 stick? I think you've already been asked that but I don't recall seeing
11 an answer.
12
13 I'm inclined to blame your motherboard's USB controller for this failure
14 to boot.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 She's fine, upstanding, and wonderful laying down.